Sunday, September 16, 2007

Setting In

After an endless flight and unexpected delays...I finally arrived in Seoul late Friday night. Steve was there to meet me at the airport, which was sweet and practical as my delay had annulled my plans to meet him. My nice driver helped with my huge bags and drove us South of the city. We did not turn into exactly the neighborhood I had been told about and was thus expecting, but drove further away from the Hofs (bars) and excitement of Sanbon station to the quieter Gunpo station area. Hmm, interesting...We fumbled with the electronic lock (no keys to misplace! :)) and peered in. Yay! I was relieved at the size of my officetel. Not palatial, by any means, but a few feet larger, and cleaner, than I had expected. One wrinkle was that the former tenant Phil, left a big pile of stuff in the corner of the Officetel. A large chair, an excercise machine, and heavy dumbells. He left a note saying that he would be back fior them. Hmm again. I crumpled into bed and slept for many hours...

by P

No comments: