Monday, July 21, 2008

Jeju Jaunt-Friday




Exhausted yet excited, I hurried to Gimpo airport Friday night for a quick jaunt to Jeju do. My boyfriend and I have tried to get air tickets there twice before-the flights were always full-but the third time was, for us, really a charm. My very generous boyfriend got a deal on a weekend package including airfare and hotel through his travel agent. I might have been wary to fly tiny Hansung airlines otherwise, but WowKorea Tour usually makes good recommendations. The small plane looked a little Casablanca-ish sitting out there on the tarmac, and I hadsome Value Jet turbulence flashbacks during take off, but all in all the flight was fine.

I was really wrung out like a sponge by Friday night. For me, a lot of feeling goes into the end of a school year while teaching abroad-changes, goodbyes, gambles that payed off, travel plans, and the occasional missed opportunity-both educational and personal. It will take me some time to process all the quick decisions I've had to make this year. So, location wise, part of me just wanted to lie in bed and recoup...

that is, until we landed on Jeju island. A wall of warmth hit us coming out of the airport and my excitement started to build. It took us a few minutes to find out rental car, but once we did, and hit the road, I knew I was in for a great weekend.

The package that my boyfriend got included 2 nights at the very snazzy KAL (Korean Air Lines) hotel. Ocean view room, no less. I've included a photo showing our view.

I'm moving on up.... :)

No comments: