Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Fling


It is spring in the Seoul area, and in spring, the mind turns to...cherry blossom festivals? Well, at least it seems to around here. This past weekend my boyfriend and I beats the crowds to Yeouido and took a stroll around the island.
We saw gorgeous flowers, families on picnics, and mooching geese...


It was a gorgeous sunny day. The sunlight has been non-stop...except the holiday we had off for elections! Murphy's law!

And speaking of the Murphys...I am blessed with a large, talented Irish family. Particularly on my mother's side, many of my relatives have inherited the musical, story-telling, or painting talents of my beloved grandparents, Dr. Tom and Patsy. These talents were recently put to good use to celebrate the 60th birthday of my lovely Aunt Cookie (a.k.a. Angela). Although I couldn't attend the parity in Canada, I was able to watch my Uncle Bill's tribute video to his sister. If you like fiddle or Celtic music, check it out at youtube.com under the name "Cookie's jig" by Windwalk52. It's a fun song (note: the viewing/listening experience is best enjoyed while sipping a Canadian or Irish beer!) :)

Enjoy....

No comments: